Preschool Art | Make Colored Rice
Author: Rachelle | TinkerLab.com
- 1 cup White or Brown Rice
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- ⅛ + teaspoon Food Coloring
- Zip-up plastic bags or bowls and spoon for mixing the colors
- Fill a zip-up bag with 1 cup of rice and 1 teaspoon of vinegar.
- Scoop or pour about ⅛ teaspoon food coloring into the bag.
- Zip the bag shut
- Squeeze the bag and mix the rice all around until the food coloring is well distributed
- Add more food coloring to reach the desired color.
- Pour the colored rice onto a cookie sheet. Spread it out to expedite drying time. To absorb the moisture and help the rice dry more quickly, line the tray with a paper towel or towel.
- The rice take between 2 hours and a full day to dry, depending on your climate and humidity.
Recipe by TinkerLab at http://tinkerlab.com/preschool-art-make-colored-rice/