Glowing Play Dough Recipe
Author: Natasha McCain | Tinkerlab
Recipe type: Play Dough
- 5 cups water
- 2½ cups salt
- 3 tbsp. cream of tartar
- 10 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 5 cups flour
- Food coloring or liquid watercolors (optional)
- Glo Away by Plaid (glow in the dark paint via Amazon)
- Black Light
- Mix everything but the food coloring and the glo-away together in a large pot until somewhat smooth. It will be lumpy. Not to worry, the dough will get smoother as it cooks.
- Cook the dough over a low heat. Mix frequently. The water will slowly cook out of the mixture and you’ll notice it starts to take on a sticky dough appearance.
- Before it gets too sticky add a few tablespoons of Glo Away
- Keep mixing until the edges of the dough along the side and bottom of the pan appear dry. Pinch a piece of dough. If it’s not gooey, the dough is ready.
- Place the dough on a counter top or large cutting board or cooking tray that can withstand a little food coloring.
- Knead the warm dough until it’s smooth
- Store the dough in a large Ziplock bag or sealed container. Unused, it should keep for months.
- Turn the lights down low and illuminate the play dough with a black light.
: 10 : 0 : 0 : 0 : 0 : 0 : 0 : 0 : 0 : 0 : 0 : 0
Recipe by TinkerLab at http://tinkerlab.com/glowing-play-dough-recipe/