Submit a Guest Post
Do you have mad photography skills, a love for writing, and an idea that would be a good fit for Tinkerlab? Awesome, because I’m looking for guest contributors!
What kind of topics are you looking for?
- Process-based Art: Projects that encourage children to come up with their own ideas
- Science Experiments: For children ages 2-12
- Tinkering Projects: Taking things apart, Building with electronics
- Creative Spaces: How you set up your art studio, supply organization
How do I submit my idea?
Email the following in the submission form (below). I’ll review your submission and get back to you if I think your content is a good match for Tinkerlab:
- A one paragraph summary of your idea (final post will be 300-500 words)
- 1 or 2 pictures that you might use in the post (I’ll ask for 3 – 5 high-quality pictures, sized 600×400 horizontally for the post itself).
- A 2 sentence bio.
If we’re a match, how do I submit my full post?
I’ll ask you to email me the following:
- Your post should be original content that has not appeared previously on your blog or another site.
- Write your post as you would for your own blog — try to keep the tone friendly and informal.
- 300-500 words.
- 3 – 5 high quality pictures that are your own, sized 600×400 horizontally. No watermarks, please.
- Submit post in HTML
- A 2 sentence bio and photo of you (150px by 150px).
What happens next?
- I’ll let you know when your article will be published.
- I’ll write a short introduction to you at the beginning of the post.
- Your bio and links to where you can be found online (i.e. Facebook, Pinterest) will appear at the end of the post.
- I will promote you and your post through my social networking channels (Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter)
- Your post will become the property of Tinkerlab, but after 30 days you are welcome to re-word the post and title, and repost on your own blog.