Hello October! Fall is in the air and we’re looking forward to a month of overcast-sky-sweater-wearing magic. I’m sure we’ll be ready for spring in no time, but for right now I’m happy to bundle up and enjoy the spiciness of fall. If you’re in a warmer climate, the October art challenge prompts are still general and open enough that you shouldn’t feel left behind. 🙂
You can join our monthly challenges on TinkerLab’s Instagram page, and follow along with the hashtag #tinkersketch.
How to use the Art Challenge prompts
- Print out the prompts. You can screen grab the image above or scroll down for a PDF printable.
- Gather sketchbooks or paper
- Gather art-making materials: markers, paint, collage papers, glue, etc.
- Give yourself a few minutes each day for this challenge. Try the morning after breakfast, after school, after dinner, before bed, etc.
- Interpret the daily prompt. Use your imagination, be free, don’t hold back, and have fun
October Art Challenge
TinkerSketch is a daily sketchbook practice that invites you to experiment and play with ideas and materials in a low-stress, fun, and mind-stretching way.
You’ll start each day with a new prompt and it’s up to you to interpret it however you like. For example, if the prompt is “stormy”, you could draw a picture of a storm, use colors that remind you of a storm, or make expressive marks that feel like they were created in a storm. The possibilities are endless.