We’re happy to bring you the October Art Challenge, filled with all sorts of prompts that get you into the spirt of the autumn season. Just yesterday we were hit with real fall weather – an overcast sky and sweater-wearing magic – and it felt amazing. I’m sure we’ll be ready for spring in no time, but for now we’re happy to bundle up and enjoy the spiciness of fall. If you’re in a warmer climate, the October art challenge prompts are still general enough that you shouldn’t feel left behind. 🙂
How to use the Art Challenge prompts
- Print out the prompts. You can screen grab the image above or scroll down for a PDF printable.
- Gather sketchbooks or paper
- Gather art-making materials: markers, paint, collage papers, glue, etc.
- Give yourself a few minutes each day for this challenge. Try the morning after breakfast, after school, after dinner, before bed, etc.
- Interpret the daily prompt. Use your imagination, be free, don’t hold back, and have fun.
October Art Challenge
TinkerSketch is a daily sketchbook practice that invites you to experiment and play with ideas and materials in a low-stress, fun, and mind-stretching way.
You’ll start each day with a new prompt and it’s up to you to interpret it however you like. For example, if the prompt is “stormy”, you could draw a picture of a storm, use colors that remind you of a storm, or make expressive marks that feel like they were created in a storm. The possibilities are endless.
For more details on how the TinkerSketch Art Challenge works, click here to read for a full list of recommended resources and ideas on how to get started with this challenge.
Printable of the October Art Challenge
Grab your printable here >> Download October Art Challenge Printable