Make something with Legos.
Legos are great for building, but what else do you or your children use them for? Have they surprised you with a clever repurpose, used them for painting, or pretended they were play money? Or maybe they use them to build, and have really pushed the envelope of Lego possibility?!
What can you do with Legos, or what HAVE you done with Legos? The project should be executed by children, but adults are welcome to facilitate or collaborate if the mood strikes!
To join in on the Experiment
- Use Legos, Mega Bloks, or similar toy, along with any other materials of your choice.
- Attach a link to your blog post, a YouTube video, or photo of the experiment along with a description of what you and/or your child/ren did in the comment section below.
- There is no deadline for this project.
If you’re looking for inspiration, here are some thoughts to get you started:
- Next time you’re painting, try stamping with Legos.
- Show your children art by Lego artists Nathan Sawaya or Sean Kenney as inspiration.
- As a provocation, give them Legos with another material like fabric, dollhouse dolls, blocks, or toy cars and see what they come up with.
Instructions for adding an image file
- Click on the “Choose File” button (below the “Submit” button)
- Choose a JPEG file from your computer
- Type in a description of your experiment into the comment text box
- Click the “Submit Comment” button
Happily shared with Science Sunday