Today I have another quick invitation to create that encourages independent thinking without a lot of fuss. This project is part of the Creative Table Project.
If you’re new to the Creative Table Project, read this post for more information on how it works.
We’ll use today’s materials of tape and paper for this simple invitation to create.
Before you begin
- Clear the table of anything that won’t be used in the invitation.
- Artfully arrange the materials to provoke ideas.
Creative Table with Tape and Paper
Ages 2 and up
- Colorful tape
- Piece/s of paper
- Object to attach pre-cut tape to
- Scissors (optional)
- Crayons or markers (optional)
Creative Invitation: Pre-cut tape and attach it to a block, other sturdy object, or the edge of your table. Invite your child to attach the tape to the paper. Encourage experimentation. Have more sheets of paper and tape ready for experiments.
Work side-by-side: Set up a station for yourself and experiment with the materials. Your child will notice how you use the materials, which could serve as creative inspiration.
Questions to ask:
- What would happen if I piled pieces of tape on top of each other?
- I wonder what it would look like if I attach the pieces of tape together end-to-end?
- Can you tell me about how you made this?
- Have extra rolls of tape available for additional color and pattern combinations. See this post for inspiration.
- Add office stickers or other favorite stickers to the table for additional textures.
- Add a small bowl of pre-cut paper and invite your child to attach them to the larger paper with the tape. See this post for inspiration.
- Offer older children a pair of scissors with the invitation to cut their own tape.
- Offer a container or markers or crayons and invite your child to add marks to the paper.
More Creative Table Inspiration
If you’re on Instagram, search the hashtag #creativetable and you’ll find over 3000 ideas that will get your creative juices flowing. If you’d like to share your own creative invitations, we invite you to add #creativetable to your pictures too.
Creative Table Highlights via Instagram
Creative Table: Tape and Paper Bags
Creative Table: Paint and Looping Lines
Creative Table: Doilies and Scissors
Creative Table: Leaves and Glue
Creative Table: Stickers and Frames
Rachelle where do you buy your tape? Do you have a link I can use?
This tape is the “colored masking tape” from Discount School Supply. No affiliate link. Here you go: http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?Product=28476
Comments are closed.