November, how did you get here so quickly? It was just Halloween, and poof! We’re getting deep into Fall. Clocks are about to change, leaves are falling, and coziness is setting in. I love how this season really invites us indoors and makes it okay to curl up with a sketchbook and a warm cuppa.
You can join our monthly challenges on TinkerLab’s Instagram page, and follow along with the hashtag #tinkersketch.
How to use the Art Challenge prompts
- Print out the prompts. You can screen grab the image above or scroll down for a PDF printable.
- Gather sketchbooks or paper
- Gather art-making materials: markers, paint, collage papers, glue, etc.
- Give yourself a few minutes each day for this challenge. Try the morning after breakfast, after school, after dinner, before bed, etc.
- Interpret the daily prompt. Use your imagination, be free, don’t hold back, and have fun
November Art Challenge
TinkerSketch is a daily sketchbook practice that invites you to experiment and play with ideas and materials in a low-stress, fun, and mind-stretching way.
You’ll start each day with a new prompt and it’s up to you to interpret it however you like. For example, if the prompt is “stormy”, you could draw a picture of a storm, use colors that remind you of a storm, or make expressive marks that feel like they were created in a storm. The possibilities are endless.
For more details on how the TinkerSketch Art Challenge works, click here for a full list of recommended resources and ideas on how to get started.
Download the printed version
Download the printed version to paste into your sketchbook or attach to the fridge. There’s also a word grid that you can cut out and glue into your sketchbook for each day of the month.