To mark the start of the new year, I’m starting a project called Creative Challenges. A new challenge will be introduced every month or so, and you are invited to join in on the fun. The project should be executed by children, but adults are welcome to facilitate or collaborate if the mood strikes! Okay, here we go…
Make something with a toilet paper roll.
We all have a few of these lying around (right?!), so why not have fun with them before they hit the recycling bin.
To join in on the Challenge
- Use at least one toilet paper roll, along with any other materials of your choice
- Attach a photo of the experiment along with a description of what you and/or your child/ren did in the comment section below.
- There is no deadline for this project.
If you’re looking for inspiration, here are some thoughts to get you started:
- As a provocation, put a variety of art materials in front of your child (i.e. markers, tape, yarn), and see what they come up with
- Make an installation, using only toilet paper rolls, scissors, and string
- Attach things to it with a glue gun
- Decorate it to look like an object (person, animal, house, etc.)