I’m spending the week documenting my child’s interests. Check out yesterday’s post for more information.
- Going on stroller rides. My otherwise stroller-hating child has been interested in this since we arrived at the Grandparents’ house. Here, she’s not only patient with the activity, but she will actually climb into the stroller on her own accord and ASK for a ride. What’s going on with this?
- Imaginative play with a mini dollhouse. Putting the animals and fairies to bed, feeding them, having them climb ladders, etc. A great sign, since I recently purchased a dollhouse for her that’s waiting for a remodel and fresh paint in my garage. It looks like this could be a hit when we reveal it in a few weeks.
- Reading books: She chooses Going on an airplane and Peg Leg Peke. We’ve been traveling for the past 2 weeks, and I think the first book plays to her fascination with airplane travel and all that’s involved with it. Up until 2 days ago we’ve also been reading Big Girls Use the Potty, which I think was a hit for similar reasons, but she seems to have tired of it and is enjoying a fresh story. Peg Leg Peke is pretty hilarious.
- Play-Baking with grandma (cracking eggs is really fun!), playing with egg timers, mixing, setting up meals for teddy and bunny
- Cupcakes — eating them and pretending to bake them
- Selling things. Finding objects (i.e. napkin rings) and selling them to family members for “two dollars.” She appears to enjoy the game of exchanging objects for money, and vice versa.
- Organizing things — putting objects in their places, sorting
- Cleaning — an ongoing joy of hers. She’s a tidy kid, and likes everything in its place.
- Throwing a sticky velcro ball to Grandma who was holding a reverse velcro Kadima-like paddle. She loved how the ball would get away from them and roll into the bushes and “brambles.” This activity lasted a good 45 minutes, and could have kept going were it not for lunch. She actually cried when we tried to pry her away.
Thought I would comment and say superb theme, did you design it on your own? It’s really really good!
When I view your RSS feed it seems to be a page of trash, is the problem on my side?
I’ve meant to write something like this on my website and this has given me an idea. Thanks.
May I post part of this on my webpage if I post a backlink to this webpage?
Comments are closed.