Every two months we host a Creative Challenge, where we invite you to invite you to create with a common material . The objective of these challenges is to explore a material’s potential, build creative confidence, encourage invention, and envision new purposes for common objects…. skills that are at the heart of innovation.
Do you want to know more about our creative challenges?
This is our 12th challenge! Can I get some applause? To see them all, simply scroll to the bottom of this post.
Now I have some big news for you….
If you’ve been following these challenges or have entered them before, I’m adding one really BIG CHANGE this month, and I think you’ll like it. All of the challenges up to this point have been open to kids only. I love kids, of course, but why should kids have all the fun? So, this next challenge will be open to everyone. Do you have the crafting/experimenting bug? Join me!
Will you join the next Creative Challenge?
If you’d like to join one the next challenge, plan to come back during the month of August with a link to your blog post (we’ll have a place here for you to share) or share an image on Instagram (tag it with #tinkerlabchallenge) of you or your kid/s in action.
Should I join the Creative Challenges? Is this for me?
You might be wondering if this is worth your time. Well, here are some of the reasons to join in…
- You or your child will most likely enjoy the process of designing a self-directed project that encourages confidence and critical thinking skills.
- You’ll enjoy sharing with all the other Creative Challenge participants. It’s really fun to see how people interpret the same materials in different ways.
- If you’re a blogger, you’ll probably enjoy a boost in traffic.
Okay, I’m in! What do I need to do?
- Gather your materials
- Talk to your child about his or her plan, or hatch your own plan
- Run the project
- Document it
- Share it with us on August 1. There are 2 ways to share: We’ll post a Linky on our site that you can link your blog post up to and/or you can share on Instagram with the hashtag #tinkerlabchallenge
Got it! Can you give us some ideas to help us get started?
Sure! You could:
- Flatten the liners and make a pattern with them
- Paint the liners with watercolors
- Poke holes in them to make a garland
- Make a chandelier
- Make a mixed media collage
- Any other ideas? Share them in a comment below!
Grab a Button
PAST TINKERLAB CREATIVE CHALLENGES
Creative Challenge #11: String
Creative Challenge #10: Eggs
Creative Challenge #9: Egg Cartons
Creative Challenge #8: Paper Bags
Creative Challenge #7: Magazines
Creative Challenge #6: Cardboard Box
Creative Challenge #5: Plastic Bottle
Creative Challenge #4: Rubber Bands
Creative Challenge #3: Legos
Creative Challenge #2: Pasta
Creative Challenge #1: Toilet Paper Roll
sounds like a lot of fun, count us in!
Wow! I have been following your blog for some time now. I just found this post and challenges : d I am SOO beyond happy to accept and take part! I have been trying to clean out the kitchen cupboards (again & again as usual lol). Frustratingly just yesterday found another abundance of useless cupcake liners and now they have a purpose 😀 ENJOY your time away! Happy Summer 😉
I’m so happy that you found the challenges, Jeanine, and that I can help you find a good place to use those cupcake liners. I can’t wait to see what you come up with.
Seeing this info ill make them less grindy but keep the rewards close to the same plus i might add other challenges
Hello, I would like to thank you for sharing these interesting challenges. it’s a great idea I will definitely try to make the Challenge #2: Pasta after I will finish my https://mid-terms-writing.myshopify.com task.
Comments are closed.